If you have a HTC One X at hand and notice some bugs and issues regarding your device and wanted to fix it accordingly the only solution for now is by doing a factory reset. This is only a temporary option just for now until your device will get a new OTA firmware updates. I hope for those who plans on buying the the HTC One X, please don't get disappointed, this is only some minor glitches from the software and also happens on some other Android devices. As I already mentioned, this can be easily fix by another software update sooner, but until there is no update yet, this is the simplest solution.
Here's a known bugs and issues that have reported by HTC One X users that have been brought together from XDA-Developer forum. Thank's to H-Cim for starting the thread and all the HTC One X users who participated and came up with some known bugs and issues altogether.
- Screen stops turning orientation, even in settings menu G-sensor no longer moves. - POSSIBLE FIX : Go to taskmanager and kill all tasks - All credit and thanks go to casca
- Calendar widget crashes if more then 20 appointments - TIP : Just remove the widget since it will keep crashing until you remove it...
- Other HTC widgets seem to be causing lag too.
- GPU Rendering can't be forced.
- Live wallpaper stops on switching between screens
- GPS issues - Possible fix : Download gps status on the market and clear the a-gps data - if this works all credit and thanks go to matmar
- Screen starts "jumping"
- When browsing/camera/other Sense 4.0 related tasks -> It looks like there is "noise" on the screen. Like this
- SIM card stops working/restarts/no connection
- The three dot menu button appears in some ICS native apps, like the YouTube app for example. - Fix for this in Dev section (requires unlock)
- Tegra 3 games (and some others) lag, this is probably connect to some video driver bug. (Hardware is fast enouf to play it without lag)
- Screen reactivating after using the lock-button (only 1 click ofc)
- When opening the Clock app (just by pressing the clock on your homescreen), and moving to the Timer-tab (the one on the far right) it always adds one hour, one minute and one second to whatever time you set it to.
- Lag in Multi-Tasking window and other elements - TIP : Go to Dev Settings - disable animations. This improved the speed a lot for me (even thou most animations keep on running, only the excessive ones get turned off) [This lag is clearly a software issue, other launchers are lag-free; should be fixed soon]
- A lot of people are reporting signal problems. (No clue what's causing it)
- Yellow spots on the screen
If you’re passing HTC One X on to someone else or HTC One X has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, you can perform a factory reset (also called a hard reset).
Warning: Factory reset will permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you’ve downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.
Performing a factory reset from settings
1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap .
2. Tap Storage > Factory data reset.
3. Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons
If you can’t turn HTC One X on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on HTC One X.
1. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
2. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
If the problem still persist after performing hard reset, you might need to wait the new OTA software update from HTC. A software update fro HTC devs will only fix all known bugs and issues mentioned above for your HTC One X.