How to Increase or Boost a Low Microphone Volume on Samsung Galaxy S II

If you are having some issue with your Samsung Galaxy S II which has a low microphone volume level and finding some complaints from people you call saying that they can't clearly hears you. It is quite sometimes that some users experience this problem regarding the loudness of their Galaxy S II microphone.

This problem may only occur during "in call" status while if you run the voice recorder application and speak normally you will find that it records well quite very clearly. Some forum reports said that they have return back their Galaxy S II for fix about the low microphone. But here's some tricks that you may try first and see if this works before you have to decide to have it back  to your service center.

This tricks are too simple and nothing to worry about, just do some click around with your menus, and do this steps below:

1. Setting the mic input level while the 'Noise Reduction' is turned off. You can do this by pressing the menu button while in call status then press the "Noise Reduction Off".

Samsung Galaxy S2 increase microphone volume
- Type this code on your Galaxy S2  dial pad *#*#197328640#*#*
- A number coded menu will then show.
- Now press  [5] AUDIO
- Next [1] NB (VOICE CALL)
- Next [1] HANDSET
- Next [1] VOLUME
-Next  [1]SRC SPEECH RX Volume
- Then [5]5_lvl: 90 ( the 90 is the input value of the microphone volume level, yours might have a different value than 90. Just remember the default value of yours so that you can use it to revert it back again)

Now, on that window there's a line stated "Input". You are going to edit or change the input value which can be done by pressing the Menu button, then the "Key Input". Write down 110 as your new maximum microphone input level and then press "OK" This is just like adjusting the volume knob of your audio amplifier to maximize the loudness.

2. Setting the mic input level while the 'Noise Reduction' is turned On.

- Press the menu button then the "Back". You may press 4 times until you will  return back from where you will see the Audio Setting  and the [1] NB (VOICE CALL) is in the first line.
- This time, press [7] HANDSET(2MIC)
- Next [1] HANDSET
- Next [1] VOLUME
- Next  [1]SRC SPEECH RX Volume
- Then [5]5_lvl: 90( Edit this input value like the number you have just write down from above)
Press the Menu button, then "Key Input". Write down 110 as your new maximum microphone input level.

I have proven that this tricks works on my Galaxy S II android phone, but the only certain issue is that it will automatically revert back to the default input level settings once you rebooted or restart the phone . So if you want to keep it permanent, find a way to never restart your phone, or consume your phones battery life. So, hope this works for you too.

28 comments:

I am experiencing the mic volume problem and when I go through the service menu and get to the [5]lvl_5 part and touch that option I get the message 'MENU NOT EXIST PRESS BACK KEY Current Command is 5111155'

Why do you I am getting this message rather than the input line?

When I press 5. Audio then there is no option but there is caution menu being blocked. Plz help

How to use this code to my I9001...coz i cant use it..pls any code for I9001?

I was able to apply the change. However, after a reboot the setting was back to the old value. Is there anyway to force it to maintain the new setting? SGS2

i'm ued byutse above code in my galxy note and worked but can't open Audio (5), anyway could you pls help me pls pls to advice any code how to disable noise reduction on my galaxy note? i'm have big problems and wnt to disable it..
thank you
M Shehata
m.shehatah@gmail.com

and for the samsung gt i5500? the menu is not the same,please help me , the people call me but he can't hear me ,

hi,
my microphone is sooo lowwww during the call and during the record sond
Now I use a ROM original "I5500XXKJ3_I5500XXKJ3_I5500XXTIMKJ3_HOME" compatible with KIES,
for the first time it was normal, but when I flash another ROM I have this problem, I tried several ROM for fix the problem but without result, I even returned a 2.1 eclair but without result,
Now I put an original ROM but still the same problem,
the microphone is activated only when I activate the loudspeakers during the call, and also for recording a sound it is sooooo low, you hear nothing
this is the first time I meet a problem with the microphone of my mobile

you have an idea how change the parametre in the menu *#*#197328640#*#*
i choose Audio but i understn nothing, the parametre is in decibel
my menu look like this
i choose Audio and he give me :

[1]HANDSET
[2]HEADSET
[3]SPEAKER
[4]BT HEADSET
[5]3POLE HS
[6]REBUILD ALL
[7]TTY MODE SET
[8]MAX8899 AMP

important : the mic is not broken because he work only if i activate the HP (loudspeakers)

i have a problem when i record something the video is excellent but the sound is horrible... i went to change o fix it and they told me that the microphone is so delicate that it will pick any sound... how can i lower the microphone volume while recording?

"nawfal"


did you find the solution of your problem because I'm having the same problem...

hi "nawfal"

did you get the solution of your aforementioned problem?
I'm having the same problem, If your have any solution please do reply me..

I tried the method above to raise the microphone volume of my galaxy s2 but as soon as i opted for audio (5) the message comes up CAUTION menu being blocked and thats it any suggestions?

Thanks

This doesn't work with the update to v4.0.3 (ice cream) anymore. The menu of option [5]-sound- is empty.

Anyone a solution?

Thanks

Unfortunately, I have the same problem.

Anyone else here got a fix for this? Am running ICS 4.0.3 - same issue - other caller heres their own voice, echo, digitized while mine is distant and muffled.....help samsung?!

Unable to find permanent solution for my galaxy s2 by any firmware. not even on google.. i think i have wasted my money. Feel like Samsung and google dont care of it.

How you fix low in call volume for samsung s

That code does not work samsung s......is there a code for it

hello everyone.
I've just purchased SGS2 GT-I9100P (Android 2.3.6)(Kernel 2.6.35.7-I9100PXXLA3-CL900411)
here's my problem : my friends complaint they can't hardly hear me, it seems like i'm very far...
The problem is that the procedurs described above don't existe on my cellphone. While on call, there's no menu that can lead me to "noise reduction".
All I have is :
* speaker (loud)
* mute
* headset
* keypad
* add call
* end call(the conversation)

And I don't find such things in "settings" either !
If someone have an idea, thanks in advance for his(her) help.
Chears

Count me in, i have same issue on Note running 4.0.4
The reason speakerphone works in a call is because speakerphone & camcorder use the top mic.
The bottom mic is the one effected. Samsung say copy everyrhing onto an external sd & remove sd & sim then factory reset. ... that doesnt cure mine & to get all the apps back & do all the copying i wasted hours .. thanks samsung!
Its WAY overdue they came up with a fix for us.

Count me in, i have same issue on Note running 4.0.4
The reason speakerphone works in a call is because speakerphone & camcorder use the top mic.
The bottom mic is the one effected. Samsung say copy everyrhing onto an external sd & remove sd & sim then factory reset. ... that doesnt cure mine & to get all the apps back & do all the copying i wasted hours .. thanks samsung!
Its WAY overdue they came up with a fix for us.

guys have you tried cleaning the port with a sewing needle mine was just gunked up

Did anyone figure this one out on ice-cream on skyrocket?

Same problem with Samsung captivate glide I927. The mic is good but low volume . The option (5) is empty. Androis ICS stock. Any news ?

Same problem with Samsung captivate glide I927. The mic is good but low volume . The option (5) is empty. Androis ICS stock. Any news ?

number [5] (audio) doesn't open on ICS... Very annoying, problem remains.

Hi there,

I experienced the exact same issue as 'nawfal' and was about to put the official firmware back on the phone and send it to a repair center. My Mic didn't work with the voicerecorder and in call nobody heard what I said unless the speaker was on ( now the phone uses the top mic ). I took a small needle and started to clean the bottom Mic, some dust and fabric came out and guess what: the mic is working properly again !

So please do try this at home, it will save you a lot of hassle.

IN 5TH POSITION, IT IS SHOWING AUDIO BLOCKED

Post a Comment