Here's a trick, a step by step instructionson how to hard reset the HTC Wildfire S .
This procedure may help fix, if the phone become sluggish, unresponsive or frozen. And restore the HTC Wildfire S phone to its original factory default settings.
Please note this process will delete and wipe all data stored or installed on your HTC Wildfire S but this may not delete the data stored on the microSD memory card. Just make a back up copy of all your important applications,documents and files before proceeding.
Just follow this steps below:
- From the main home screen, tap menu
- Tap Settings, then Privacy
- Tap Factory data reset
- Tap Reset phone
- Enter your password if required, then tap Erase everything to confirm
If that doesn't work, or if your phone is frozen:
- Turn the power off. If your HTC Wildfire S is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
- Hold the Volume Down button
- Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
- You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
- Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
- Press and release the Power button
- Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO